man dA is really making us work for these badges now, tbh I just like collecting tiny pixels so here's a thing that I have to do I guess
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
My profile says 8 years, but it's really 7. I stopped posting art here last year; I just pop in from time to time to look at art from people who still post on dA and check messages.
2. What does your username mean?
I guess this is as good time as any to tell you the story of how I got my username
One day when I was at my aunt's house back in grade 6 or 7, I was making an account on MSN games to play some flash games and shit grade 6 or 7 kids like. I wanted the username "Zephyr" or "Quicksilver" or something like that but it was obviously taken already so MSN generated a bunch of random usernames for me. One of those usernames happened to be FallenZephyr and to this day I still use it basically everywhere
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Fantastical. That's the only word you need to know
4. Are you left or right handed?
Right handed, although I really should train myself to be ambidextrous
5. What was your first deviation?
...I've put everything into storage sooooooo you're shit outta luck there but I do have this beautiful gem uploaded on my art blog
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
I dunno? I'd say digital and traditional are equally as fantastic because I enjoy both
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Photography or 2D animation
8. What was your first favourite?
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Fantasy works, mostly!
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
It's pretty unfair to say who's my absolute favourite, but here's a short list off the top of my head: neondragon
, azirae (on Tumblr), Tatchit
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
My waifu, creamedcoffee c: (InkedBananas
here on dA)
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
Basically? I have a waifu for laifu now in creamedcoffee and a handful of other friends I talk to on a regular basis so that's one of the few pluses I got from this site
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
For my digital works I usually use Photoshop CS6 and a Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet (small), though for some of my animations I also use After Effects CS6.
For my traditional works I use a variety of mediums, most commonly:
- Shinhan Touch Twin Brush Markers (copics)
- Pigma Micron 005, 01, 02, 03, 05, 08, 1, BR
- White gel pen
- Strathmore 400 Bristol board, smooth and vellum finish
- Moleskine Plain Notebook (3.5 x 5.5 in), for inking
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
My desk. In my room. That's where the magic happens baby
15. vWhat is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
To be very, very honest, my favourite dA memory is when I decided to not post art here anymore last year in July and when I realized that I just didn't care about favs, watchers, or whatever anymore. I decided that focusing on my art and my growth as an artist was more important; all the drama, harassment, and art theft surrounding my works really wore me thin. At that point I knew my time as an artist on dA was done. You guys have no idea how liberating it is to no longer have to deal with people constantly telling you, "this [character] looks like [character]!" and "you drew [character] wrong! you should draw [character] like [artist]!!" and "draw me something for free!!! I don't want to pay you!!!" and "[several nasty derogatory terms for no reason]!!!"
If you're curious to see where I've gone with my art since leaving last year in July, I've continued my artistic endeavours on Tumblr: fallenzephyrart.tumblr.com/